Monday, February 01, 2010

"High Five" Monthly Recap -- January

 

January is over!
I know, I know ... already?? 
I try not to wish away time but I can't help getting a little excited when I think that Spring is getting closer!

I track my grocery spending and savings.  Do you?  I use a very easy ... already designed ... spreadsheet.  Andrea at Mommy Snacks made her Grocery Savings Chart available to her readers and I have used it ever since! (Thanks Andrea!!) Sometimes the results give me a great sense of accomplishment while of course other times they're an eye opener that I need to try a little harder.  
January was the former!!

I have $80 a week budgeted for groceries so that's $320 a month.  

 My grocery trip totals for January
I brought home groceries valued at $1,029.
I spent $283.
I saved $746 or 72.49%

Stockpile Additions of Note
I won't need to buy these things for several months at least ... I hope!
Cottage Cheese (Won't last as long as the other items)
How did you do?  What did you stock up on?  Leave comments with your stories for the month.  Have a blog .... link up your month end posts.  Let's give "High Fives!" and learn from each other!

Learn more about "High Five" Monthly Recap 



Want to get Saving Bits and Pieces delivered right to you?  Receive updates by subscribing by RSS Feed or Email.  You also can follow on the Saving Bits and Pieces Facebook Fan Page.  




0 comments: