Sunday, January 24, 2010

Meijer Trip Jan 23rd


I made another trip to Meijer yesterday.  I couldn't resist the One Day Sale and stocking up on All Laundry Detergent for only $1.00 per bottle.

The morning started off a little shaky.  Some of you probably have read posts this week about getting All Detergent for $.50 with a Big Lots Ad priced matched at Walmart.  That was my original plan but I had read that some Walmart's were honoring this price match request while others weren't.  I was happy to see the One Day Sale Ad for Meijer and knew that meant that I had a back-up plan.  I went to 2 different Walmart stores, but left empty handed .... not because of issues with the price matching but because each store was out of All Detergent (in the Big Lots advertised sizes at least.) I guess those store's were probably honoring the price match.

Meijer got my money (and coupons) instead.  Here's what I bought:

10 Bottles of All Detergent ~~~ One Day Sale Price of $3.00 ea - $2.00 on each coupons = $1.00 ea
(I did multiple transactions since there was a limit of 2)
5 Breakstone Sour Creams ~~~ $1.44 ea  I used 3 $.55 off coupons  $5.00 Catalina
1 40 oz Bag of Meijer Chicken Breasts ~~~ $3.99
2 Quaker Oats ~~~ $1.49ea - 2 $1/1 coupons and 1 $1/2 Mealbox Coupon = FREE
5 Boxes of Ronzoni Spaghetti ~~~ $1.69 $1.00 (Rain check from a few weeks ago) - $.75 off coupons (some doubled to $1.00) = $.75 total for 5 boxes

I spent $14.29 oop. I saved a total of $66.33....$35.78 of that was coupon savings (including the $5.00 catalina from Breakstone)....for a total of  82% saved!


Want to get Saving Bits and Pieces delivered right to you?  Receive updates by subscribing by RSS Feed or Email.  You also can follow on the Saving Bits and Pieces Facebook Fan Page

0 comments: