Hello & Welcome!


My name is Becky. I have been fortunate enough to be a stay at home mom to my boys ages 11, 9, & 6 for 6 years now. (Wow I can’t believe it’s been that long since I went to work in suits and pantyhose everyday!!) And married to my very supportive husband for 13 years.

Back when I was a mom to just 2 boys, I was a branch manager for a bank. When I left to stay at home with my boys, the only thing I really missed was the feeling that I was contributing to our family's bottom line.

That changed about two and a half years ago when I began learning a lot about how to spend less on the things we already were buying. It’s become a way of life for me that is not only practical financially but very much of a fun game for me. I was introduced to the world of blogs by a friend of a friend. There are so many out there that do great things to highlight grocery/coupon deals as well as money making and saving ideas.  See my favorites here.

Discussions with friends, family and even sometimes strangers in the grocery store about how to save on groceries and household items were happening more and more often. I decided that the next natural step is to take the things I’ve learned (and continue to learn everyday) and put them out there in one place for others to see.  So Saving Bits and Pieces was created in November 2009.

Some of the ideas I share here are how to use coupons, where to find them, weekly grocery deals, great recipes, ways to earn a little and lots of other things to come. The one foremost principle I believe in to save is stockpiling so that I don’t have to pay full price for anything.  You will see me mention that often.

Thanks for joining me on this journey! I love to get emails and comments. It's how I know that what I'm doing here is making a difference. Let me know what you like or don't like here and by all means send me great deals you find so I can share them with others too!



Want to get Saving Bits and Pieces delivered right to you?  Receive updates by subscribing by RSS Feed or Email.  You also can follow on the Saving Bits and Pieces Facebook Fan Page