"High Five" Monthly Recap

Do you track your grocery spending?  Savings?  Percentages?  I do!  I'm all about the numbers and I don't know what the numbers are if I don't track them.  One of the non-monetary benefits to the couponing, stockpiling and money saving that I do is a sense of accomplishment.  It's a way for me to see how I'm doing at my "job."  I don't miss going to work in an office everyday.  I do miss earning a paycheck and a pat on the back that says "Job Well Done!" Tracking my grocery numbers shows me that all the effort I put into cutting coupons, searching for deals, meal planning and grocery shopping is all worth it.

I use a very easy ... already designed ... spreadsheet.  Andrea at Mommy Snacks made her Grocery Savings Chart available to her readers and I have used it ever since!  

At the end of each month I'm going to post my recap for the month.  I'll tell you how much I spent and saved.  I'll also list the Noteworthy items that I added to my stockpile during that month.  This can do two things .... selfishly it's one more way for me to hold myself accountable to do a good job. Second, I learn best by example. Years ago someone could have told me how to save money by couponing and sale shopping but without examples I wouldn't have gotten it.  I'm hoping that the grocery trips I post about and now a month end recap can be examples for others to see how easy and possible it is to save.

Comment or if you have a blog link up to your "High Five" Monthly Recap.  We all can use a High Five now and then!



Want to get Saving Bits and Pieces delivered right to you?  Receive updates by subscribing by RSS Feed or Email.  You also can follow on the Saving Bits and Pieces Facebook Fan Page