Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Meijer Trip April 6th


Not all trips can be the best of the best.....right? I keep repeating that to myself as I think about my trip to Meijer today.  My goal is to save at least 50% every time I shop.  That didn't happen today.  A big part of that was the Salmon I put on my menu plan for Thursday.  I almost always see Salmon reduced to $5.99/lb at Meijer.  Not today though.  We haven't had it for a long time and it sounds so good to me that I can't wait for Thursday.  So I splurged and paid .... $8.99/lb.  GULP!  I did buy just enough for hubby and me.  I'll marinate chicken breasts for the boys instead.  They don't appreciate Salmon enough for me to pay that much for it for them.

I took advantage of the P&G Rebate offer at Meijer so I'll be getting a $10 Pre-paid Mastercard back.  I had coupons that matched up nicely to make this an even sweeter deal.

Here's what I bought ....

P&G Products
Bounty Extra Soft Roll Package ~~~ $7.78
Used $1.50 on one Bounty Extra Soft from a Kroger Mailer (the individualized kind with the red border)
Bounce Dryer Sheets ~~~ $7.79
Used a $1.00 on one Bounce from Kroger Mailer
Tampax 36 ct ~~~ $4.95
Tampax 18 ct ~~~ $4.19
Used Buy one 36 ct Get one 18 ct Free from 4/4 P&G Insert
Zest Body Wash ~~~ $3.50
Used $.35 off one from the 3/7 P&G Insert
$20.82 and will get a $10 rebate. 

Everything else....
1.3lb Salmon ~~~ $11.78
4 lbs Boneless Chicken Breasts ~~~ $2.29/lb - $9.09 total
Dannon Yogurt 4 pk ~~~ $1.89
Used $.60 on one from 3/14 Smart Source Insert - double to $1.00
Fiber One 4 pk Yogurt ~~~ $2.49
Used Free Fiber One Yogurt 4 pk -- Came in the mail last week but I don't remember requesting it so I don't know where it came from.
10 Meijer Brand Yogurt Cups ~~~ $.30 ea - $3.00 total
2 Bags of Meijer Brand Pretzels ~~~ $1.29 ea
Meijer Brand Brown Sugar ~~~ $1.61
2 pkgs of Dole Fruit Cups ~~~ $1.99 ea
Philly Cream Cheese Singles 4 pk ~~~ $1.50
Used Free Philly Cream Cheese Singles Coupon
Sargento String Cheese ~~~ $3.59
Used $.40 on one Sargento Cheese Snacks
1 Gallon of Milk ~~~ $2.00
Used Free Milk Catalina from last week's cereal deal
1 box of Pokemon Mac & Cheese ~~~ $.76
Dylan was very good during our shopping trips to Jungle Jim's and Meijer.  He noticed this Mac & Cheese on a clearance cart at Meijer.  With the cutest smile he said "Look Mom it's reduced!"  That was all it took and it was in the cart.

I spent $59.34 total and saved $21.25 ... $15.94 of that was coupons.  That's a savings of 26%.  I'll get $10 back for the P&G rebate.  So in the end the savings will be 38%.



Want to get Saving Bits and Pieces delivered right to you?  Receive updates by subscribing by RSS Feed or Email.  You also can follow on the Saving Bits and Pieces Facebook Fan Page

0 comments: