Friday, April 16, 2010

Kroger Trips April 16th


My weekly errand running and grocery trips have been thrown off this week because I have been dependent on my wonderful hubby to be my driver.  I had a cyst removed from my eye on Tuesday morning.  That means no contact in that eye until I go back next Tuesday to have the stitches removed. Yuck! One contact for me means that I'm half blind .... I am very nearsighted.

Today on his lunch break (his office is in our basement) my hubby drove me to 2 Kroger stores to get the Skippy Peanut Butter that I've been waiting weeks to stock up on.  I married the best guy in the world who happens to love his Peanut Butter and Crackers daily snack!  We also picked up some fruits and veggies since there were very few left in the fridge.

Why 2 stores?  The first store (and the second one too) didn't have very many jars of Skippy Naturals in stock.  We went to 2 stores to avoid leaving the shelves completely empty.  I'm hoping to try a third store tomorrow to get the last 10 jars for my stockpile.

Here's what I bought from both stores total ....

20 Jars of Skippy Naturals Peanut Butter ~~~ $1.79
Used 10 $.75/2 coupons I got from The Q Hunter
$1.29/jar Plus I have 2 codes for FREE Movie Tickets.  See here for details.
1 Broccoli ~~~ $1.99
1 Bunch of Bananas ~~~ $1.44
2 Red Onions ~~~ $2.05
3 Zucchini ~~~ $2.15
I Bag of Whole Carrots ~~~ $1.48
1 Bag of Baby Carrots ~~~ $1.77
Used a $.45 Store Coupon from a Kroger Mailer
3.25 lbs of Sirloin Pork Chops ~~~ $1.79/lb
2 Gallons of Milk ~~~ $2.28 each

Overall I spent $46.90 and saved $41.04 ... $10 in coupons.  That's 47% saved!
Plus .... 2 FREE Movie Tickets so really the savings is greater than that!



Want to get Saving Bits and Pieces delivered right to you?  Receive updates by subscribing by RSS Feed or Email.  You also can follow on the Saving Bits and Pieces Facebook Fan Page

0 comments: