Monday, January 11, 2010

Coupons I Ordered

I posted the links to Mommy Snacks lists of Kroger and Meijer Deals.  It's a great stock-up week! Let me say that again...It's a GREAT stock-up week!!  I ordered coupons using my Favorite Way to Get Coupons and a new way to that I think is going to be another favorite!  There are lots of printables that make for some FREE (and almost free )things too!  Check out the links on the Kroger & Meijer lists to get the internet printables.

I've told you about My Favorite Way to Get Coupons and I hope this new way becomes my other favorite way.  My aunt told me about a site called The Q Hunter.  It is a coupon clipping service and I ordered 3 sets of coupons from there this week.  First, I like that I can choose the quantity of each coupon I order.  I also like that my coupons will all come together in one envelope.....so only one to watch for.  They also have shipping priced on a tier with the highest shipping amount being $1 and FREE shipping on orders over $5.00.  I'll post later in the week when my coupons get here hopefully to add this site as a new favorite way to get coupons.

Here are the coupons I ordered:

Ronzoni Pasta is part of Meijer's 10 for $10 Get the 11th Free or $1 per box.  There is a manufacturer's coupon out for $.75 off one box.  I ordered 9 (that was all they had left) coupons from The Q Hunter.  They were $.10 each.  I'll need to use these in multiple transactions since Meijer only doubles 2 identical coupons per transaction.

  $1.00 per box
+$.10 per coupon
- $.75 (doubled to $1.00)
= $.10 per box x 9 boxes = $.90 for 9 boxes of pasta.  $8.10 in savings on the sale price!! 

There was a Johnson and Johnson coupon out recently for $1.00 off any baby product.  J&J has a product called Buddies Soap that my boys really like....it's a bar of soap with a mesh covering so it doesn't slip out of their hands.   Meijer usually has them priced right at or very near $1.00.  I ordered 10 at $.15 each.

$1.00 per bar
+$.15 per coupon
-$1.00
= $.15 per bar x 10 bars = $1.50 for 9 bars of soap.  $8.50 in savings!! 



Last week Meijer had Cottonelle Toilet Paper 6 double roll pkgs for 1/2 off.  I missed this in the ad or I would have ordered coupons last week but it was still a good price and we were out of toilet paper.  I guess I got lucky in a sense....the Cottonelle was out of stock.  I asked for a raincheck at customer service.  Ordering coupons now didn't occur to me until last night.  Now I'll be able to save even more with the raincheck and coupons.  I ordered 12 coupons for $.50 off Cottonelle for $.05 each.  I realize this isn't a deal that you can take advantage of now but I wanted to use the example to point out...Always get a raincheck if something that is on sale is out of stock. 

$2.79 per 6 Double Roll Package
+$.05 per coupon
-$.50 coupon (the first 2 will double but the other won't. Raincheck says I can buy up to 12 pkgs. I think I'll have to buy all 12 in one transaction so the other 10 will rung up at face value)
= $2.25 per 6 Double Roll Pkg x 12 pkgs = $27.08 = $39.88 in savings!! (remember that the sale price was 1/2 off the original price)


Kroger is running a similar sale with lots of items priced at 10 for $10....of course $1.00 each.  Gatorade is one of those items.  Yesterday's paper had a $.50 off Gatorade coupon.  The Q Hunter was out of this coupon so I ordered it on ebay instead.  I ordered 20 coupons for $6.99.

$1.00 per bottle
+$.35 per coupon
-$.50 coupon (all will double to $1.00 since Kroger has no limit on the number of identical coupons that will double)
= $.35 per bottle x 20 = $7.00 = $13.00 in savings!!



Want to get Saving Bits and Pieces delivered right to you?  Receive updates by subscribing by RSS Feed or Email.  You also can follow on the Saving Bits and Pieces Facebook Fan Page

0 comments: