Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Featured Recipe --- Yummy Pork Roast

New Feature ~~~Weekly Recipe

Last week I told you about the Pecan-Oatmeal Pancakes we had for dinner.  This week I'm bringing you another GREAT recipe.  Does two in a row make a trend?  I think so!  Each week, I'm going to add one new recipe to my Menu Plan Monday.  Then I'll post a picture, the recipe and a review.  By the way, my boys think it's Hilarious (with a capital H)  that I took pictures of my dinner plate.  What can I say .... I'm a visual person....if it looks good I'll try it so sharing a picture makes perfect sense to me!



This week I tried a Pork Roast recipe that my friend Kym passed on.  Let me start by saying that it was soooooo easy and I love easy.  But what is even better than easy ... is easy AND delicious! Thanks Kym!! Oh...Kym cooks like me with very little measuring so just add the herbs as you would like.

Here's what I used:
Pork Loin  About 5 lbs
2 Cans of Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 Packet Onion Soup Mix
Thyme
Sage
Rosemary


Put all ingredients on top of the roast in a crockpot.  Cook on High for about 5 hours or Low for about 7 hours.  You'll be able to use 2 forks to pull meat apart.  Use the wonderful "gravy" over mashed potatoes or noodles.

With a 5lb roast we had plenty for the 5 of us to have this for dinner on Sunday AND we're gong to use the leftovers to have Shredded Pork Open-Faced Sandwiches on homemade bread for dinner later this week.  This is definitely a meal you'll see on my Menu Plan again!



Want to get Saving Bits and Pieces delivered right to you?  Receive updates by subscribing by RSS Feed or Email.  You also can follow on the Saving Bits and Pieces Facebook Fan Page

0 comments: