Thursday, January 07, 2010

Pecan-Oatmeal Pancakes

So even with a plan, things change ... and this time am pretty happy about it!  This week's Menu Plan has Coq au Vin alla Italiana on it for today.  Yesterday I went to a different Meijer store than where I usually go.  My store's ad had chicken on sale for $1.79 lb (which I was buying not only to stock-up but also for tonight's dinner) but the store I went to wasn't running the same sale.  So of course I didn't buy it at the higher price.


With the cold temps and snow we had today, I wanted some comfort food and breakfast for dinner is a favorite of my family's. Pancakes & Sausage!  My son asked if we were having plain pancakes or a "special kind".  That inspired me to look for a new recipe.  I knew I had pecans in the pantry.  ( My husband likes anything with pecans!!)  I found this Pecan-Oatmeal Pancake recipe at Allrecipes.  All I can say it is a keeper!  Everyone liked them.  Pecans and oatmeal with real maple syrup.....YUMMY!!

So you'll see Coq au Vin alla Italiana on next week's Menu Plan.  It's one of my favorite dinners too!



Want to get Saving Bits and Pieces delivered right to you?  Receive updates by subscribing by RSS Feed or Email.  You also can follow on the Saving Bits and Pieces Facebook Fan Page

0 comments: