Friday, January 22, 2010

BBQ & Buffalo Chicken Pizza

Due to our Eat from the Pantry Challenge, I thought that I wasn't going to have a new recipe to feature this week.  I was wrong!  BBQ Chicken Pizza was on my Menu Plan for tonight.  I think ... I know it's something I've made before .... but my kids acted like it was the newest most delicious dinner they had ever had.  My oldest son said "You're going to have to make this again Mom!"  There's not much of a recipe to share though ..... homemade pizza crust, bottled BBQ sauce, cooked diced chicken and Mozzarella cheese.  That's it but apparently we're going to have it again!


The boys had the BBQ Pizza but I wanted something a little different for my hubby and I.  I searched the pantry and freezer and came up with a Buffalo Chicken Pizza.  It was yummy!!  We were low on mozzarella cheese so I was excited to find a block of Pepper Jack in the freezer.


Again not much of a recipe but here's what I put together:

I spread fresh pressed garlic mixed in olive oil over homemade pizza crust, added some Frank's Red Hot Sauce and topped with cooked diced chicken, Fresh Spinach and Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese.

It turned out a little spicy for me so I dipped it in ranch dressing (just like I do with Buffalo Wings.)  You will see this on a Menu Plan again!


Want to get Saving Bits and Pieces delivered right to you?  Receive updates by subscribing by RSS Feed or Email.  You also can follow on the Saving Bits and Pieces Facebook Fan Page

0 comments: