Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Jungle Jim's Trip April 6th

With almost no fresh fruit and vegetables in my house, a stock up trip to Jungle Jim's was a must do part of my day today.  I started in the reduced produce area.  Does your local store have an area like that?  Reduced produce, meats and bread products have reduced prices only because they are nearing their sell by dates but they are still good. Some things on my list were reduced and others that were not.  My goal today was to stock my fridge with fruits and veggies ... and that's what I did.

I'm not posting prices for each item since there aren't any coupon match-ups to go along with them.  I spent a big chunk of my grocery budget at Jungle Jim's.  If you know Jungle Jim's produce area you know that what I bought was worth every penny.  If you are not local, a visit to Jungle Jim's is a must if you are ever in the Cincinnati area.


Here's what I bought ...  Reduced items have a * next to them.

4 Avocados, 4 Navel Oranges *, 8 Limes *, 1 lb bag of Raw Almonds, 1 Bunch of Green Onions, 2 Cucumbers, 1 Broccoli, 2 pkgs Strawberries *, 3 Red Peppers *, Mushrooms *, 8 Apples, 2 Bunches of Bananas, 4 Portobella Mushrooms, 2 Kiwi, 2 bags of Grapes,  1 lb of Sugar Snap Peas, 1 Bunch of Cilantro, 1 lb Chicken & Grape Salad *, 1/2 Egg Salad *, ( I have to share that the Chicken & Egg salads were priced at $.94 & $.54 respectively Yay!),  Box of Brown Rice, Bottle of each of the following spices/herbs ... Basil, Whole Black Pepper, Beef Boullion Cubes, Chicken Boullion Cubes & Dill ... all for just $.99 each.

I spent $49.26.  Although it sounds like a lot .... I'm pretty happy with it.  How much I saved is hard to track since I don't know how much the reduced items would have been at full price.  Plus I may not have bought some things had they not been reduced.  


Want to get Saving Bits and Pieces delivered right to you?  Receive updates by subscribing by RSS Feed or Email.  You also can follow on the Saving Bits and Pieces Facebook Fan Page

0 comments: