Friday, February 05, 2010

Time Saving Cooking

Several weeks ago I told you about my Time Saving Cooking/Freezer Cooking.  We eaten a lot of the meals I prepared that night but still have a few in the freezer.  Tonight's cooking was completely impromptu (last time was pretty spur of the moment too but I put more time into planning meals) after my Kroger and Meijer Trips

Homemade Pizza was on the Meal Plan for tonight .... and with 4 boys (2 of mine and 2 extras ... ages 9-12.  My 3rd boy was at a sleepover) to feed I knew that I needed plenty of pizza.  I wanted Buffalo Chicken Pizza and the boys wanted Sausage Pizza.  If I was going to be cooking both Chicken and Sausage anyway it made sense to cook extra of each for the freezer.  I love having meals or at least parts of meals cooked up and in the freezer.  It makes the hectic after school homework chaos so much easier!

I started with this....

 


And ended with this.....

 
Sorry for the poor picture.  It does no justice to what I accomplished in a very short time tonight!

Now in my freezer are six bags of crumbled Italian Sausage .... perfect for pizza, 3 bags of bite sized pieces of Italian Sausage .... perfect for Corn Sausage Chowder, Coq au Vin alla Italiana etc and 3 bags of diced chicken .... perfect for Chicken Tettrazini, quick chicken salad and so many other things.  While I don't have exact plans for each of these meats now .... when I'm ready to use them I'll be one step closer to having dinner ready!


Want to get Saving Bits and Pieces delivered right to you?  Receive updates by subscribing by RSS Feed or Email.  You also can follow on the Saving Bits and Pieces Facebook Fan Page

0 comments: