Monday, September 20, 2010

Menu Plan Monday September 20th


Do you watch cooking shows?  We don't have cable or satellite so I don't have channels like The Food Network or others but when there is a cooking show on network TV I really enjoy them.  The Masterchef season just ended and I was pulling for Whitney all the way.  On one episode she made a veggie that I knew I had to try.

I'm one of those strange people who really like Brussel Sprouts.  I've always steamed or boiled them and topped them with a little butter and salt.  Last night we roasted them.  YUM!  I took the evening off from cooking dinner after my 3 hour cycle class.  My hubby cut the Brussel Sprouts in half long ways, tossed them in olive oil, salt, pepper and minced garlic.  Then roasted them in a glass pan at 375 for about 15-20 minutes.  They were so good!  My kids weren't too crazy about them which was fine because that meant there were more for me!  They will definitely be on many menu plans to come!!

Do you have a favorite .... sometimes commonly disliked veggie?  
How do you prepare it?

Here's what's for dinner this week...

Monday - Champp's for 1/2 Price Burgers & Kids Eat Free

Tuesday - Italian Sausage Hoagies, Pretzels & Veggies

Wednesday - Asian Chicken Stir Fry with brown rice

Thursday - Beef Vegetable Soup

Friday - Pumpkin Pancakes & Cinnamon Apples

Saturday - Homemade Pizza

Sunday - Family Vacation Day!!  I'm sure we will have dinner out.

What are you having for dinner this week?


Want to get Saving Bits and Pieces delivered right to you?  Receive updates by subscribing by RSS Feed or Email.  You also can follow on the Saving Bits and Pieces Facebook Fan Page

0 comments: