Sunday, July 18, 2010

Menu Plan Monday July 19th


The Summer is FLYING by!  I can't believe that in 5 1/2 weeks I'll have a 6th grader, a 4th grader and my baby boy will start kindergarten.  Where does time go??  Yes, there have been moments in the last several weeks that I've wished for a quiet house with kids in school but overall I'm really enjoying having my boys around.  We've crossed a line into much more independence than ever before.  No more baby stages here for us.  We're going to continue spending our days with friends at the pools, parks and Kings Island with a few days here and there at home.  I'm still in an easy dinner mode with nothing to new or time consuming on the menu.  A freezer cooking day could or should be in the near future but my freezers are far from empty.  

Here's what's for dinner this week...

Monday - Sheperd's Pie - My foot has been hit one too many times by the container of mashed potatoes falling out of my freezer.  It's time to use them.

Tuesday - Pesto & Veggie Pasta - Using the last of the zucchini from my garden.  Wish I knew why the plants didn't make it. Post to come with a plea for help or ideas.

Wednesday - Grilled Pork Chops, Grilled Veggies, Chewy Italian Bread - Do you have any marinade suggestions??

Thursday - Chuck Roast, Mashed Potatoes, Carrots - Chuck Roast slow cooked in my crock pot so I don't have to turn the oven on.

Friday - Breakfast for Dinner - Didn't have this last week.

Saturday - Taco Bar - Such a big hit last week we're doing it again!

Sunday - Dinner Out

What are you having for dinner this week?


Want to get Saving Bits and Pieces delivered right to you?  Receive updates by subscribing by RSS Feed or Email.  You also can follow on the Saving Bits and Pieces Facebook Fan Page

0 comments: