Monday, May 03, 2010

Freezer Cooking Plans

Wednesday's the day for Freezer Cooking!  I've put together plans so that by the end of the afternoon ... or hopefully earlier ... I'll have 6 dinners, 3 loaves of bread, cookies and muffins in the freezer plus Wednesday night's dinner done. Oh and Thursday night's pork chops will be marinading also.  I would like to have more than 6 dinners in the freezer but that's what my time, budget and stockpile will allow this week.

Here's what I'm going to make ...
  1. 2 Pans of Lasagna - I don't have a recipe for this.  It'll just be whatever comes to me. (That's how I cook most of the time.) 
  2. 2 Batches of Chicken, Black Bean and Spinach Enchiladas (one for dinner and one for the freezer)
  3. 1 Bag of Asian Marinated Chicken Breasts
  4. 1 Bag of Spicy Southwest Chicken Breasts
  5. 2 Bags of Maple Garlic Pork Chops (one for Thursday night's dinner and one for the freezer)  This recipe calls for Pork Tenderloin.  I'm going to use a Pork Loin cut into chops instead though since that is what is on sale for $1.69/lb at Meijer this week.
  6. Double Batch of Mini Zucchini Muffins - Zucchini Bread Batter in mini muffin tins
  7. Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies - I'm making these on Monday or Tuesday using the recipe on the Nestle Toll House Butterscotch Morsels bag.  They are my homework for the Market Research Focus Group I'm participating in on Thursday.
  8. 3 Loaves of Italian Chewy Bread - I'm dividing one batch of dough into 3 loaves instead of 2.  I'll use it for garlic bread with the Lasagna and maybe Baked French Toast too!
I just recently tried freezing both chicken and salmon in freezer bags with marinades.  They both were very good and so easy to use for dinner.  Marinades often use many of the same ingredients so while I have those things out I'm going to make several.  Life as a Mom just recently did a post about Chicken Marinades and that's where both that I'm going to try came from.

I'm a little nervous because four of the recipes I'm using are ones that I've not made ... or tasted ... before.  They all sound good though so I'm taking a risk!  I'll let you know what we think as we eat them.

I've gone through my fridge, pantry, cabinets and stockpile for needed ingredients.  My grocery lists are done.  I'm going shopping tomorrow afternoon.  I'll clean my kitchen, run and unload my dishwasher before going to bed on Tuesday night so that I'm ready for Wednesday morning.

Want to get Saving Bits and Pieces delivered right to you?  Receive updates by subscribing by RSS Feed or Email.  You also can follow on the Saving Bits and Pieces Facebook Fan Page

1 comments:

Julie said...

Let me know what you think of those new chicken marinades Becky! I am always looking for new marinades!