Sunday, April 25, 2010

Menu Plan Monday


Do you plan your menus?  Weekly, Monthly or some other way?  I can't stress enough just how beneficial Menu Planning has been for me.  I just looked .... this is the 22nd week in a row that I have done a menu plan.  Certainly there are weeks that I make changes by rearranging which days meals happen.  Lots of times a planned meal has gotten carried over to the next week.  But just having a plan is place has helped in several ways.
  1. Menu Planning has reduced (I'll admit that it hasn't eliminated) our trips to the store for a missing ingredient for a meal.  
  2. Menu Planning has helped us fight the urge to go out to dinner instead of eating at home.  I still like to go out very much so including a dinner out on my Menu Plans occasionally gives me something to look forward to.  
  3. Menu Planning helps our after school homework time through dinner time less hectic.  By the time my kids are home from school I have some portion of dinner already started .... even if it just having any frozen ingredients thawed which is an accomplishment from what I used to do.  
  4. Menu Planning has helped encourage me to find new recipes.  Without a plan it's easy to make the same things over and over again just because they're familiar.
Here's what's for dinner this week....
  • Monday - Chef Salad & Homemade Bread
  • Tuesday - Pork Loin, Broccoli, Noodles
  • Wednesday -Hamburgers, Homemade Fries, Veggies & Dip
  • Thursday - Taco Salad - Taco Meat, Crushed Doritos, Lettuce, Tomatoes, Cheese, Sour Cream
  • Friday - Leftovers
  • Saturday - Pizza at a Family Birthday Party
  • Sunday - Pesto Veggie Pasta
What are you having for dinner this week?

Want to get Saving Bits and Pieces delivered right to you?  Receive updates by subscribing by RSS Feed or Email.  You also can follow on the Saving Bits and Pieces Facebook Fan Page

0 comments: