Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Meijer Trip March 23rd


I know .... I said that it was going to be a milk and produce shopping week only. I seriously just now remembered saying that though.  I got milk ... but no produce. And I added some things to my stockpile.  What can I say?  I have a weakness for good deals.  The Ziploc Bags and Capri Sun/Nabisco snacks were great deals.  I bought 7 boxes of cereal to get 3 custom coupons (catalinas) for Free Milk.  It ended up being an okay price per box of cereal but I see now that it wasn't my best stock-up price.

Here's what I bought....  This is a list of everything all together.  I did multiple transactions though to roll catalina's from one transaction to the next.  Email me or leave a comment if a transaction by transaction break down would be helpful.

4 Boxes of Frosted Mini Wheats ~~~ $2.99 ea
Used 2 $1/2 Kellogg's Cereals 3/7 Red Plum Insert
3 Boxes of Raisin Bran Crunch ~~~ $2.99 ea
Used 1 $1/2 Kellogg's Cereals 3/7 Red Plum Insert
Received Free Milk catalinas for buying 7 boxes of Kellogg's cereals
2 Gallons of Milk ~~~ $2.00 ea
Used 2 of the 3 Free Milk catalinas I received for buying the cereal
4 boxes of Capri Sun ~~~ $1.59 ea
2 Nabisco Snacks 12 pk ~~~ $4.00 ea
Received 2 $3.00 catalinas (in separate transactions) for buying 2 Capri Suns and 1 Nabisco Snacks 12 pks.
8 Boxes of Quart sized Ziploc Vacuum Bags ~~~ $1.89 ea
Used 8 $.40/1 on Any Ziploc Bags 3/21 Smart Source Insert
4 Boxes of Gallon sized Ziploc Vacuum Bags ~~~ $1.89 ea
Used 4 $.40/1 on Any Ziploc Bags 3/21 Smart Source Insert
Received 4 $2.00 catalinas.

**I bought 3 Ziploc's per transaction so I could roll the $2.00 catalina from each transaction into the next.

I spent $34.11 and saved $42.62 all together.  $28.50 of my savings was from coupons/catalinas.  That's a savings of 56%!  Plus I have 1 $2.00 and 1 Free Milk coupon to use next time!



Want to get Saving Bits and Pieces delivered right to you?  Receive updates by subscribing by RSS Feed or Email.  You also can follow on the Saving Bits and Pieces Facebook Fan Page

0 comments: