Monday, March 22, 2010

Creamy Tomato Basil & Italian Sausage Soup

I have one two words to describe last night's dinner ..YUM and SO EASY!!  Okay so that was 3 words but just easy by itself didn't say enough.  Thanks to the Picky Palate for this awesome recipe!

The Ingredients

Creamy Tomato Basil and Italian Sausage Soup
(Straight from the Picky Palate)

2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 lb Italian Sausage
10 fresh basil leaves, chiffonade (stacked, rolled and thinly sliced)
1 26 oz jar of your favorite pasta sauce
1 Cup water
1 1/2 Cups half and half
Pinch of salt and pepper

1. Place olive oil into a medium sized dutch oven over medium heat. Cook sausage until browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in basil leaves, pasta sauce, water, half and half, salt and pepper. Cook until warm then reduce heat to low. Simmer until ready to serve. It’s that easy!
4 servings

 I couldn't get a picture that alone would make me want to try this but trust me ....

Everyone, including my picky son, loved this soup.  The only "problem" was that it didn't make enough leftovers!  Actually there was just enough for my boys and I...there wouldn't have been enough if Tim had been home. The next time I make it .... and there will be a next time .... I will double the recipe.  I may add some fresh spinach leaves too.

This picture says it all!!


Want to get Saving Bits and Pieces delivered right to you?  Receive updates by subscribing by RSS Feed or Email.  You also can follow on the Saving Bits and Pieces Facebook Fan Page

0 comments: