Friday, January 08, 2010

How Did I Get Here?? Part 3




Photo Credit:  My Husband while in Colorado

Read Part One & Part Two.....

 Ever since the email my friend forwarded from her friend, blog reading has become something I do daily ... okay really I check many blogs multiple times a day. Friends started asking me if there were any good deals each week. My husband often shared my savings stories like the time I bought 15 1lb packages of lunch meat because it was such a great deal. (It freezes well by the way.) For a short time I used messages on Facebook to share grocery saving ideas with several friends. I was asked at the YMCA I work at very part-time to do a coupon class for members (hasn't happened yet but hopefully it will soon.) All of these things plus my LOVE of the computer and internet made starting this blog the next natural step.

Helping others learn from what I've learned while learning from them too is very important to me. I wouldn't give up being a stay at home mom for anything right now. The only thing I miss about going to work having a job is the satisfaction of receiving a paycheck and pats on the back for a job well done. I can't measure, not yet at least, how well I do my job at home. I can measure how much money I save on the things we already buy. I can in some terms measure how I can help others save money too. Your comments and feedback are the pats on the back that tell me I'm doing a good job.

So that's where I am today! I wanted to write this to say that no matter where you are in your savings journey you can get to where you want to be. Saving, learning and teaching is very rewarding!


Want to get Saving Bits and Pieces delivered right to you?  Receive updates by subscribing by RSS Feed or Email.  You also can follow on the Saving Bits and Pieces Facebook Fan Page

0 comments: