Monday, December 07, 2009

Menu Plan Monday




The daily question of "What's for Dinner?" drives me crazy! Afternoons at my house get hectic so easily. The time after my 2 older boys come home from school is filled with homework, playing with friends and getting back out the door to various activities. One way I try...I'll say try because I can't say that I've made this a routine just yet...is to make a weekly menu plan for our dinners. If I can have what's for dinner decided and any prep work done (even better is dinner in the crock pot) before homework time, our afternoons run so much smoother. Plus then we're less likely to decide to go out for dinner which of course saves money.

A weekly menu plan is just what it sounds like....planning out the meals for the coming week. I do it based on the items I have on hand in my stockpile and what is on sale in the coming week's sales ads. I also plan the easier meals for the night's we have activities planned.

So I decided a way to make a meal plan a routine for me is to post my weekly meal plan here and link that post up the Menu Plan Monday post at Organizing Junkie. Over 300 bloggers link their meal plans there. I've used them to find new recipes and ideas for our dinners.

  • Monday- Chicken Tetrazinni (Doubling the recipe, splitting into 3 meals, one for dinner, 2 for the freezer) Thanks Money Saving Mom!
  • Tuesday- Smoked Sausage, Green Beans and Potatoes
  • Wednesday - Corn Sausage Chowder, Homemade bread
  • Thursday - Saucy Pork Chops & broccoli
  • Friday -Dinner out on our way to Star Wars in Concert
  • Saturday - 2 Christmas parties to go to means a dinner of lots of yummy food!
  • Sunday - Pumpkin Pancakes, sausage, fruit
What are you having for dinner this week?


2 comments:

Susie said...

I plan once a month. It helps a ton with that age old question 'what's for dinner?'

SnoWhite said...

looks like a great week -- welcome to the planning!