Sunday, October 03, 2010

Menu Plan Monday October 3rd


Are you menu planning?  If so, what are the things that you love about it?  I love that I have a plan which makes most days so much easier AND that I can change that plan too!

I bought several Pork Loins at Meijer yesterday.  I had every intention of cooking one of them for tonight's (Sunday) dinner.  Today I realized that all the Pork Loins I'd bought ended up in the freezer and of course were frozen solid.  We had soup for dinner and there is now a Pork Loin in my fridge thawing for dinners this week instead.  Half of is going in my crock pot tomorrow morning.  I'll shred it and have it ready for sandwiches on Thursday night.  (We have an insanely crazy schedule on Thursday evening!) The other half will be used for a new recipe for Monday's dinner, Pork Chops with Basil & Marsala.  The reviews for this recipe are mixed.  I'm going to follow some of the suggestions and add some chicken broth to the pan with the pork chops before they go in the oven.  I'll let you know what we think of it!

Last week's Bowties with Sausage, Tomatoes & Cream was a big hit.  Very good and so easy!  I didn't measure the pasta and probably used more than the recipe called for which meant that we had quite a bit leftover. We had it again a few nights later with zucchini and another can of tomatoes added.  That meant that we didn't have the Quick Weeknight Pineapple Sesame Chicken so it's on this week's plan instead.  Remember what I said about changing the plan? Yep I love that part of meal planning!

Here's what's for dinner this week...

Monday - Pork Chops with Basil & Marsala, Sweet Potatoes & Roasted Veggies

Tuesday - Chicken Fajitas *From the Freezer

Wednesday - Quick Weeknight Pineapple Sesame Chicken

Thursday - Shredded BBQ Pork Sandwiches, Pretzels & Veggies

Friday - Spaghetti & Meatballs, Garlic Bread

Saturday - Chili Cook Off at a Friend's House

Sunday - Homemade BBQ Chicken Pizza

What are you having for dinner this week?


Want to get Saving Bits and Pieces delivered right to you?  Receive updates by subscribing by RSS Feed or Email.  You also can follow on the Saving Bits and Pieces Facebook Fan Page

0 comments: