Sunday, September 05, 2010

Menu Plan Monday September 6th


I tried some new recipes last week and all were a big hit!  The Shredded Pork on Monday was wonderful!  The only problem was there wasn't enough leftovers for another meal for all of us as planned.  (I used a 3 lb pork loin not a 5 lb as the recipe says.) I was unsure about making Lasagna in the crock pot.  I'm a believer now!  And the Orange Chicken .... YUM!!   I added carrots and zucchini for the last hour.  My only complaint with both crock pot meals is that they weren't the dump all the ingredients in and go kind of crock pot meals I love.  I'll remedy that though by having ground beef and chicken cooked and in the freezer when I plan these meals again.

I. Love. Freezer. Cooking!

Here's what's for dinner this week...

Monday - Homemade Pizza - Didn't have on Saturday

Tuesday - Slow Cooker Chicken & Dumplings, Carrots ~ My boys have been asking for this!

Wednesday - Saucy Pork Chops, Broccoli, Mashed Potatoes

Thursday - Grilled Cheddarwurst, Veggies & Homemade French Fries

Friday - Shredded Chicken Tacos

Saturday - Dinner Out ~ Hmmmm....What sounds good??  I'll have to check out some restaurant deals.

Sunday - Breakfast for Dinner - Waffles, Scrambled Eggs & Fruit

What are you having for dinner this week?

Want to get Saving Bits and Pieces delivered right to you?  Receive updates by subscribing by RSS Feed or Email.  You also can follow on the Saving Bits and Pieces Facebook Fan Page

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I definitely want to give Slow Cooker Lasagna. Thanks for your endorsement.

Have a relaxing Labor Day.

Ask Ms Recipe said...

Sounds like a great menu for the week, have a great week.

Anonymous said...

I forgot about the saucy pork chops! Enjoy the chicken and dumplings - it was delicious when we had it last week!
Julie