Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Meijer & Jungle Jim's Trips 9/15

Is it really crazy to say that sometimes I love going grocery shopping?? A well planned list, organized coupons and mornings without kids make it easier of course! Today was one of those days. Almost everything worked just as I planned.  I came home with a balance of things ... meat, snacks, fruits and veggies plus added a few things to my stockpile.
My first stop was Jungle Jim's.  I bought:

2 5 lb Bags of Flour ~~~ $1.89 ea
2 Betty Crocker Family Size Brownie Mixes ~~~ $.89 ea
Salt ~~~ $.49
Ground Black Pepper ~~~ $2.09
2 Bunches of Reduced Broccoli ~~~ $1.49 total
1 Package of Reduced Snow Peas ~~~ $1.64
4 Peaches ~~~ $1.29 total - I may be going back for more. I just ate the first one and boy was it Sweet!!
10 Limes ~~~ $2.00 - Having Margaritas with neighbors this weekend.
1.3 lb of Brussel Sprouts ~~~ $1.91 - Saw someone on TV roast these recently. Can't wait to try it!
3 lb Seedless Red Grapes ~~~ $2.90

My goal was to spend no more than $20 at Jungle Jim's.  If you've been there before, you know that that can be hard to do. I succeeded (this time) with a total of $19.37!.  My receipt says that I saved $3.96 but I know it was more than that because of the reduced produce.

My second stop was Meijer.  Meijer has been my primary grocery store lately.  They seem to be having the better sales! 
Since I had time and no kids with me I did several transactions.  I received several catalinas and wanted to use them all.  Here's what I bought in all transactions combined:

2 Boxes of Raisin Bran Crunch ~~~ $2.50 ea
Used $1/2 any 2 Kellogg's Cereals
2 Boxes of Frosted Mini Wheats ~~~ $2.50 ea
Used $1/2 Frosted Mini Wheats
6 Bottles of Juicy Juice ~~~ $2.00 ea
Used 2 $1/2 Juicy Juice
Stacked with $2/4 Juicy Juice Mealbox
3 Boxes of Little Debbie Oatmeal Cream Pies ~~~ $.99 ea
3 Boxes of Little Debbie Nutty Bars ~~~ $.99 ea
500 ct package of Meijer Brand Napkins ~~~ $3.29
2 Cartons Mayfield Blueberry Cream Pie Ice Cream ~~~ $2.50 ea - Oh Yum!!
4 Bags of Kraft 100 Calorie Cheese Snacks ~~~ $2.00 ea
Used 4 $1/1 Kraft 100 Calorie Cheese Snacks
1 Bag of Kraft String Cheese Sticks ~~~ $2.99
Used $1/1 Kraft Cheese Sticks 9/12/10 Insert
2 3 lb Bags of Apples ~~~ $1.98 ea
2 Boneless Pork Loins ~ $1.49/lb ~~~ $13.41 total
5 Boxes of Lipton Recipe Secrets, Onion and Vegetable Mixes ~~~ $.99 ea
Bought 2, received a $.75 Custom Coupon + $1/3 coupon.  Bought 3 more using the $1/3 coupon, received another $.75 Custom Coupon and $1/3 coupon.
4 Packages of Tollhouse Morsels ~~~ $2.00 ea
Used 2 $.50/2 Tollhouse Morsels
Stacked with $1.50/4 Tollhouse Morsels Mealbox
6 Green Giant Boxed Chopped Spinach ~~~ $.99 ea
Used 2 $1/3 Green Giant Boxed Veggies
Split them 3 & 3 in 2 transactions and received 2 $2.00 Catalinas.
1 Colgate Toothpaste ~~~ $.99
Used $.75/1 any Colgate Toothpaste

I used all of the catalinas that I received.  Plus saved $6 instantly for the cereal and juice purchases.  Overall I spent $55.94 and saved $63.90.

The only thing I may have to buy this week is milk.  Oh and did you notice that there aren't any Ziploc bags in my Meijer picture.  My store was completely out!  If that happens to you to .... don't forget to ask for a rain check.  Unfortunately I did forget so it looks like I'll be working in another quick stop at Meijer this week.

Want to get Saving Bits and Pieces delivered right to you?  Receive updates by subscribing by RSS Feed or Email.  You also can follow on the Saving Bits and Pieces Facebook Fan Page

0 comments: