Sunday, August 08, 2010

Menu Plan Monday - August 9th


Last week's Balsamic Chicken and Fresh Mozzarella was a big hit!  I read the reviews and made a few suggested variations.  Instead of frying the chicken, I baked it in the dressing marinade.  I added the cheese to the top of the chicken in the oven for just the last few minutes.  My boys don't like tomatoes. I did want  to fight the "try it anyway fight" so I didn't put them on top.  I mixed the tomatoes with fresh basil, salt & pepper and a little balsamic vinegar in a bowl.  Hubby and I put them on top of our chicken.  The dressing marinade in the bottom of the chicken pan was great as a dipping sauce for fresh bread.  You will most certainly see this on a future menu plan!
Excuse the picture quality.  This really was much better than the picture show!!


Here's what's for dinner this week...

Monday - Champp's with Friends for 1/2 Price Burgers & Kids Eat Free

Tuesday - Smoked Sausage, Green Beans & Potatoes

Wednesday - Spicy Southwest Pork Tenderloin, Grilled Sweet Potatoes, Zucchini

Thursday - Breakfast for Dinner - Pancakes, Scrambled Eggs & Fruit

Friday - Leftovers or Quick Dinner out before going to the Creed Concert at Riverbend!!

Saturday - Taco Bar for Dylan's Birthday Party

Sunday - Asian Chicken, Rice, Stir Fry Veggies

What are you having for dinner this week?


Want to get Saving Bits and Pieces delivered right to you?  Receive updates by subscribing by RSS Feed or Email.  You also can follow on the Saving Bits and Pieces Facebook Fan Page

0 comments: