Sunday, August 29, 2010

Menu Plan Monday August 30th


This is our first full week of school and boy is it going to be a crazy week!  Between homework, 2 school Open Houses, soccer practice for two boys at two different fields on the same night as one of the Open Houses .... along with a few other things we don't have a free night all week!  Plus we will have an extra 11 year old boy staying with us all next weekend while his parents enjoy some time away.  I'm writing this before planning my menu (backwards from the way I usually do it) but I'm sure my crock pot and freezer meals are going to be my friends this week.  If you haven't heard of A Year of Slow Cooking you have to check it out!  It is my go to site when I'm looking for new crock pot recipes.

I'm really looking forward to cold weather meals like Chili, Beef Stew and soups.  I love my soups!!  We had a little taste of cooler weather this past week but it's back to the 90's again for most of this coming week so the soups are going to have to wait.  Do you have favorite Soup recipes?  Send them to me and I bet you'll see them on upcoming Menu Plans!

Here's what's for dinner this week...

Monday - Pulled Pork, Corn, Mashed Potatoes
Waiting on a recipe a friend said was fabulous! I will add a link to it when I get it.  Thanks Julie!

Tuesday - Super Easy Crock Pot Lasagna 

Wednesday - Slow Cooker Orange Chicken, Brown Rice, Broccoli

Thursday - Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Veggies, Pretzels & Dip

Friday - Dinner Out

Saturday - Homemade Pizza

Sunday - Grilling Out with Family - Hamburgers, Mac & Cheese, Veggies

What are you having for dinner this week?


Want to get Saving Bits and Pieces delivered right to you?  Receive updates by subscribing by RSS Feed or Email.  You also can follow on the Saving Bits and Pieces Facebook Fan Page

2 comments:

Katie said...

Ohhh...I love soup too! I just made some for the freezer, and I can't wait to use it.

Here are a few of my favorite recipes...

Beef Cabbage Soup (freezes well and my absolute fave!)
http://cuttingbackkitchen.blogspot.com/2009/12/beef-cabbage-soup.html

Homemade Chicken Noodle
http://cuttingbackkitchen.blogspot.com/2010/02/homemade-chicken-noodle-soup.html

Chicken Enchilada Soup
http://cuttingbackkitchen.blogspot.com/2010/03/chicken-enchilada-soup.html

Becky said...

Thanks Katie!! They all sound good. I can't wait to try them!