Friday, July 23, 2010

Share Your Savings Stories!!

Everyone loves a good story.  Especially when it's a true story!  And of course stories of savings are especially fun for me to hear and share.

A reader emailed me yesterday about her Saving Story and I wanted to share it with you!

Jennifer was having one newspaper delivered to her house weekly and was buying 7 additional papers every Sunday.  She learned about the Bethel Journal subscription with the Free Sunday Cincinnati Enquirer.  Switching is going to save her a ton of money!!

Here's the math as she sent it to me ....
I get one at my house and then buy 7 more at the store.  Figure 1 Fri-Sun Subscription is ~2.00 and then 7 x 1.75 at the store = $12.25….total each week is $14.25.  Multiply that by 52 weeks = $741.00 for 8 papers each week.   By getting the Bethel Journal deal—8 x $20 for the whole year = $160.00
 741.00
-160.00
======
$581.00 savings!!!!!!
 
Thanks again!

Oh the possibilities .... what to do with an extra $581?  
Way to go Jennifer!!

Send me your Savings Story.  I want to share them here so we can all be inspired by each other. 

Want to get Saving Bits and Pieces delivered right to you?  Receive updates by subscribing by RSS Feed or Email.  You also can follow on the Saving Bits and Pieces Facebook Fan Page

0 comments: