Thursday, July 01, 2010

I Love Productive Days!!

Some days, especially Summer Days, are much more productive than others.  I thrive on "getting things accomplished." My hubby often hears me say "I don't feel like I accomplished anything today."  When of course I've done something but maybe not what or as much as I planned to do.  I sometimes often feel overwhelmed on fun play days thinking about all of the things not getting done at home.  Is that just me?

Yesterday was a great day!  I went to a Spinning Class in the morning.  Planned a grocery trip when I got home.  Went to Subway with my family for lunch and then grocery shopping all by myself. (My shopping trip post will get done later tonight hopefully.) I was able to get everything and only the things on my list exactly as I had planned out.

I bought about 8 lbs of chicken breasts.  I put half into my crock pot with black beans, salsa and taco seasoning when I got home and shredded it when it was done.  That means that tonight's dinner is almost done!  Plus there are 2 more dinners worth in the freezer.  The other half of the chicken went into my stove top smoker for last night's dinner.  I cut up a watermelon for snacks and a picnic we're going on today.  Later after dinner I cut up the leftover smoked chicken and made chicken salad for the same picnic.  I also bought quite a bit of ground beef to cook up and freeze for future dinners.  That's the one thing on my list that I didn't get to yesterday.

Instead, I spent the evening playing kick ball and a board game with my kids, hubby and my BFF's 2 boys too.   I relax and enjoy play time much more when I've had a productive day!  I stayed up late (while my house was quiet) did some blogging and even scheduled next weeks Menu Plan Monday already.

Now I can enjoy today with my boys and lots of friends.  We're going creeking and having a picnic for lunch.  Then I get to go for a pedicure with my mom!  At the end of the day today if I say that I didn't accomplish anything productive all day it will be just fine.

Why am I telling you all of this?  It just felt like a good day to share.  What does a productive day mean to you? I hope you are getting to take and enjoy some play time too!


Want to get Saving Bits and Pieces delivered right to you?  Receive updates by subscribing by RSS Feed or Email.  You also can follow on the Saving Bits and Pieces Facebook Fan Page

0 comments: