Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Meijer Trip June 9th


I did something almost unheard of and usually absolutely crazy today.  I took all 3 of my boys with me to the grocery store!!  We spent the morning at a friend's house.  Meijer was on our way home and I really didn't want to drive back to do my shopping later.  I have to brag that I was very impressed with my boys behavior.  They were helpful, got along well and stayed (mostly) out of the way of other shoppers.  I can't say that shopping together is something we'll make a habit of but today was great!!

I told you I would post my Meijer shopping list before I went shopping.  Well .... I didn't get the list posted so here's the list of what I bought instead.  I did 2 transactions to make sure that all my coupons would double. 

10 for $10 Get the 11th Item FREE  All were $1.00 each before coupons.  I bought 55 items so 5 were Free. 
4 Colored Bell Peppers
3 Avocados
2 Cucumbers
4 Old El Paso Taco Shells, 18 ct ~~~ Paid $.50 ea
3 Cans of Red Gold Tomatoes ~~~ Paid $.67 ea
$1/3 Red Gold 2/20 Smart Source
3 - Betty Crocker Cookie Mixes ~~~ Free
$.50/1 Betty Crocker Cookie Mix 5/30 General Mills Used 3
9 Angel Soft Toilet Paper, 4 ct
3 Green Giant Steamers Corn ~~~ Free
$.50/1 Green Giant Steamers Used 3
2 Sunny D
2 Bags of Dole Salad Mix
2 Packages of Mushrooms, 8 oz
7 Soft Drink 2 Liters
2 Dole Pineapple Slices ~~~ Paid $.50 ea
$.50/2 Peelie found on Minute Rice Brown Rice box
2 Lipton Vegetable Soup Mixes
2 Meijer Loaves of Bread
2 Kraft Mac & Cheese Single Serve Cups ~~~ Free with Nabisco Snack Pack purchase
3 Bags of Meijer Pretzels

Not Part of 10 for $10
1 Gallon Milk ~~~ $2.00
4 Packages of Hillshire Farm Cheddarwurst ~~~ Paid $.67 ea
2 Old El Paso Taco Seasoning ~~~ Paid $.39 ea
$.60/2 Old El Paso Products
3 lbs of Red Grapes - $1.99/lb ~~~ Paid $6.23
Minute Rice, Brown Rice ~~~ Paid $1.20
3 Boxes of Simply Gogurt ~~~ Paid $1.59 ea for 2, 3rd was free with coupon that came in my mail
5 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts - $1.99/lb ~~~ $10.06
2 Nabisco Snack Pack, 12 ct ~~~ Paid $2.50 ea
1 Dozen Eggs ~~~ $.79
2.25 lbs Cherries - $1.98/lb ~~~ Paid $4.42
6 Motts Applesauce, single serving packages ~~~ Paid $1.17 ea
1lb Bag of Baby Carrots ~~~ $1.00
Broccoli ~~~ $1.00
1 Package of Hot Dog Buns ~~~ $2.50 (Ouch!)
1 Package of Johnsonville Italian Sausage ~~~ Paid $2.00
$.55/1 Johnsonville Fresh Brats 5/2 Smart Source

It has been weeks since I made a big grocery trip so I'm not too upset that I went over my weekly budget.  We should be stocked for meals (both those at home and those we will be packing to take to the park or Kings Island) for awhile again.

I spent $89.81 and saved $85.90 ..... $34.89 of that was from coupons.  That's 49% saved!!


Want to get Saving Bits and Pieces delivered right to you?  Receive updates by subscribing by RSS Feed or Email.  You also can follow on the Saving Bits and Pieces Facebook Fan Page

1 comments:

Just Trying To Save Money said...

Good Job!! I night hit Meijer and Walgreens again tonight when hubby gets home!! The girls have already ate the 34 boxes of Pizza Rolls that I got earlier this week!! They do not understand the idea of stockpiling, they want to eat it all in 2 days!!!