Wednesday, May 12, 2010

WFMW : Pork Loin or Pork Chops

I shared how I save on lunch meat by having a whole boneless ham sliced.  This is a similar but different tip.

First, I know I could do this myself at home.  I'm not a fan of raw meat.  I don't like touching it or looking at it and anything with bones is the worst for me.  I spend last Wednesday Freezer Cooking.  With the warmer weather that is finally here, meals that we can grill out were a priority when I planned my freezer meals.

Pork Loin was on sale at Meijer last week for $1.69/lb but I wanted pork chops. So I took a pork loin to the butcher and asked to have it sliced into chops instead.  I was amazed when I opened the package of pork chops and found that the Pork Loin was cut into 20 chops.  I had no idea that I'd have that many. I portioned them out into freezer bags, added a marinade and put them in the freezer for upcoming grilled out dinners.  

So that's my Works for Me Wednesday tip.  Check out hundreds of others at We are That Family.


Want to get Saving Bits and Pieces delivered right to you?  Receive updates by subscribing by RSS Feed or Email.  You also can follow on the Saving Bits and Pieces Facebook Fan Page
Groupon

0 comments: