Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Freezer Cooking Update

Just an update on my Freezer Cooking plans for tomorrow.

The Grocery Shopping is done.  I usually post pictures of my shopping trips.  I didn't today since most of my purchases were for ingredients I need for tomorrow, not exciting deals.  I went to Meijer for pork loin and a few other things and then to Jungle Jim's for veggies. 

My fridge is cleaned out.  It appears that the benefits of Freezer Cooking go beyond having meals and pieces of meals in the freezer.  I'm embarrassed but not too proud to admit that there were a few "science experiments" growing in the back of the fridge.  They've been disposed of!  I also found more than enough for a dinner of leftovers on Wednesday.  We're going to have the Chicken, Black Bean and Spinach Enchiladas on Thursday. That means that I can put 2 dinners worth of Pork Chops in the freezer instead of just one. Yay!

My dishwasher is full and running.  It wasn't full until I cleaned out the fridge.  Now I know why the kitchen drawer where I store my plastic containers seemed empty.

Frozen ingredients have been pulled from the freezer.  They are in the cleaned out fridge thawing for tomorrow.  Shredded zucchini, ground beef and black beans will all be ready tomorrow morning.

Hopefully it will be productive and easy day.  What am I forgetting?? 


Want to get Saving Bits and Pieces delivered right to you?  Receive updates by subscribing by RSS Feed or Email.  You also can follow on the Saving Bits and Pieces Facebook Fan Page

0 comments: