Monday, April 19, 2010

Done! Coupon Binder is Caught Up


It's 7:57 and it's done!  My coupon binder is all caught up.  Expired coupons have been pulled, this week's coupons have been cut and filed along with the last 3 week's coupons that were cut but not filed yet.  That means that it only took me 42 minutes to do something that I've been putting off.  Plus I did it sitting at my kitchen table while my hubby and son were watching a movie ... so really I was with them while I worked.

Jessica at Life as a Mom did a post this week that was very timely for me!  It's called "Loving Motherhood in an "I'm Bored Society."  It's about the challenges of staying motivated as a mom. Being a mom is hard work!

I find too much lately that I'm bored with the things that need to be done around my house.  There are lots of days that I know there is laundry that needs to be done, bathrooms to be cleaned, floors to be mopped etc etc etc.... But I just have no motivation to do those things.  I've been working hard to make a conscious effort to just do it anyway.  I feel much better having accomplished something and not having it hang over my head.  The things I put off never take as long as I spend dreading doing them.  The more productive I am the better I feel... and of course you know what it means to a household and family when mom is happy!

Thanks Jessica!!!



Want to get Saving Bits and Pieces delivered right to you?  Receive updates by subscribing by RSS Feed or Email.  You also can follow on the Saving Bits and Pieces Facebook Fan Page

0 comments: