Sunday, February 07, 2010

Menu Plan Monday


I'm looking for help and suggestions.  I created a problem years ago that now I want to fix.  My almost 11 year old son Zachary isn't a vegetable kid.  He will eat carrots, corn and green beans ..... anything else .... forget it!  I catered to him too much when he was little and even now still I'm sure.  If he didn't like the veggie I served ... he didn't eat it ... and I usually gave him something different just to get him to eat a veggie at all.  I cook & serve a much bigger variety of veggies now than I did years ago.  My middle son, Logan, eats a few more veggies than his older brother and my youngest, Dylan,  eats all that I give him ... even brussel sprouts and asparagus.    I guess I learned and changed a little with each kid.

I've tried everything to get Zachary to eat more veggies.  Bribes haven't worked (I'm not too proud to admit that I've tried), no thank you bites (try one bite before saying no thank you) lead to fights, hiding veggies hasn't worked.  Zachary looks through every bite to check to see what he's eating.  Our recent accomplishment is that he doesn't pick out every tomato in the soups I've been making this winter .... only the biggest chunks get left in the bowl.  He eats lots of fruits and at least he eats 3 veggies, but I want him to have more variety.  Any suggestions??


Here's what's for dinner this week....
  • Monday - Marinaded Chicken Breasts, Zucchini & Potatoes (Raw carrots for Zachary)
  • Tuesday - Sausage Green Beans & Potatoes (Didn't have this meal last week)
  • Wednesday - Corn Sausage Chowder
  • Thursday - Deep Dish Cheddar Chicken (Raw Carrots for Zachary)
  • Friday -Meatball Sandwiches, Carrots, Chips
  • Saturday - Eating out either after or during a Basketball Tournament
  • Sunday - Chicken Tettrazini (If we're home from the BB Tournament)
What are you having for dinner this week?



Want to get Saving Bits and Pieces delivered right to you?  Receive updates by subscribing by RSS Feed or Email.  You also can follow on the Saving Bits and Pieces Facebook Fan Page



0 comments: